Adult 15+: € 119
Kids 4+ to 14: € 90
Infant 0-3: € 0
Meet us here
Arch of Constantine
Adult 15+: € 119.00
Youth (3 to 14): € 90.00
Arena and Underground tour with virtual reality and skip the line entrance for the Colosseum
Choose the Underground tour, the most captivating tour with virtual reality at the Colosseum!
The Underground tour is the most complete tour. It allows you to relive the history in a unique and exciting manner, combining the immersive and interactive experience of the virtual reality with the visit of exclusive areas of the Colosseum.
Follow your professional touristic guide inside the mysterious underground, walking through the hallways, the dungeons and the shafts.
Feel like a true gladiator before the battle and continue up to the Arena.
You will enter the place where the fights used to take place and become the spectator of a killer view, surrounded by an hyped crowd.
This will all come with skip the line and reserved access to the site. Before entering the Colosseum, find out about the history of ancient Rome through the immersive and animated 3D reconstruction, the only certified version with multilingual audio guide.
Walk “live” in the ancient square, admiring the majestic statue of Nero, the Temple of Rome and Venus, the Meta Sudans and the Arch of Constantine.
Continue inside the Arena, surrounded by roaring lions and gladiator fights. Become the emperor and choose the fate of the wounded gladiator.
Finally, end your virtual experience in the mysterious undergrounds, the place where the slaves were silently coordinating the preparation of the entire apparatus.
As you reach the point when you will enter the Colosseum, the most notorious Roman amphitheater, an expert guide will accompany you inside to show you what is left of the monument. While telling stories about gladiators and wild beasts, the guide will walk you from the tight tunnels of the underground, through the ground floor and the second layer until the Arena, a place of spectacles and gladiator fights.
Only with this tour the virtual experience will impress upon your mind undeletable pictures of the Roman history.
Not only you will get a thorough knowledge of the Colosseum, but the guide will also be there to help you take the best panoramic shoots of the amphitheater.
Roman Forum (self guided)
Palatine Hill (self guided)
English-speaking tour guide
Colosseum (Arena Floor/Underground), Palatine Hill, Roman Forum entrance ticket
Audio guide (English, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese)
Oculus VR headset (Colosseum in VR)
Important to know
- This is the only tour that actually skips all the lines, including even the one for the reserved groups.
- Please show the voucher to your tour guide (also in electronic form)
- It is recommended to show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. Customers who arrive late at the meeting point can NO longer join the tour, therefore they are not entitled to any kind of rights or reimbursement.
- This tour has limited availability, mainly around 8:30 am- 12:00 am (the exact departure time will be communicated to you by voucher).
- Tour not available on 1st January, 1st May, 25th December.
- Ancient and Recent is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, bad weather etc.
- For various reasons (extreme weather conditions or safety reasons) the management of the Colosseum could deny access to the Underground and Arena Floor direct entrance
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This tour entrance gives only access to the Palatino Hill and Roman Forum
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Child discount from 6 to 17 years old is applied only with a valid ID card
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- It is advisable not to wear bulky and heavy luggage.
- In case of rain all our tours run regularly.
Meet us here!
Meet our professional and welcoming staff "Ancient and Recent" 15 minutes before the tour starts, at the Arch of Constantine, on the side of the Colosseum!
Need to cancel your trip?
If you cancel your reservation you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. If you cancel your reservation between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will becharged a 100% cancellation fee. Refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Ancient and Recent within a week from the cancellation. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train.).