Experience one of ancient Rome’s largest and arguably most impressive monument in a new and immersive way with the “Live Colosseum tour Walking with Virtual Reality”. A real family tour, suitable for all ages because it is informative, educational and entertainingThrough an animated and interactive 3D certificated historical reconstruction, combined with multilingual audio and heroic musical backgrounds, you can explore the Colosseum like never before.
On our virtual reality, you will watch the Colosseum tour come to life in all her ancient glory with our immersive and innovative technology.
Once your introduction is completed by our authorized tour guide and before entering the Colosseum, you will wear a last-generation display Oculus VR and will be virtually immersed in the Colosseum square. Through an animated 3D reconstruction, travel back to ancient eras of nearly 2000 years ago and move in real time between the Roman’s admiring the Colosseum’s greatness and beauty, the majestic statue of Nero, the Meta Sudan’s and the Temple of Venus and Roma.
After the square, your guide will accompany you with ‘skip the line’ ticket inside what is the most famous and well preserved monument in the world, the Colosseum. The symbol of Rome and perhaps all of Italy and also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, the Colosseum was the place where many great spectacles happened in front of audiences 50,000-75,000 in size. Enjoy the upstairs where Roman spectators sat and appreciate an overview of the performances that would take place below. Your tour guide will then take you to your second virtual stage – inside the arena, where you can experience the excitement between the roar of ferocious lions and gladiator combat. With your VR glasses, you will have an impression of the size and power of the Colosseum, and even decide the fate of the wounded as if you were Emperor.
At the end of the Colosseum tour, after selfies and group photographs are taken, your guide will accompany you on the ground floor at arena height where you will complete your final virtual stage – the mysterious underground, typically unknown to tourists and difficult to book. Here, you will witness slaves moving around silently to prepare and coordinate all the items necessary to make the show a success. With your VR glasses, you can travel through various corridors and view gladiators preparing their weapons for battle, and a detailed reconstruction of historical hoists which are normally invisible to visitors and used by Domiziano in Marcino (end of the first century AD – III AD) to suddenly project the beasts on the arena to animate hunting performances and death sentences.
Book our Live Colosseum tour Guided with Virtual Reality and journey through one of the most important eras of Ancient Rome’s history
Departure time: 9.00 PM - daily (tour not available on the first Sunday of each month)
Duration: 2 Hours
Meeting/Arrival point: Arch of Constantine (side of the Colosseum)
- Adult (15+): 57,00 €
- Kids (+4 to 14): 43,00 €
- Infants (0 - 3): 0,00 €
Max Group size: 12 partecipants
Included: Expert, English-speaking tour guide, Audio (English, Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish), insurance, ticket entrance - skip the line, Oculus VR (Colosseum in VR)
Not included: tips, trasnport.
Do not you speak english? Interested to take a private tour and have fun just with your family or friends? Your group is large and you do not find availability on our website? Do not worry, send your request and we will be happy to accommodate your needs!!!
Attention: due to mandatory security metal detector checks at Colosseum, this could bring a slight delay on entering for ticket holders "Skip the Line."
- Please show the voucher to your tour guide (also in electronic form)
- It is recommended to show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour
- The 3D reconstruction of the Colosseum will be displayed outside the monument
- Attention: due to mandatory security metal detector checks at Colosseum, this could bring a slight delay on entering for ticket holders "Skip the Line."
- Tour available all days at 9:00 am and 2:30 pm (from 1st April to 27th Oct) and at 1:00 pm (from 28 Oct to 31st March)
- Tour not available on 1st January, 1st May, 25th December and the first Sunday of each month.
- Ancient and Recent is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, bad weather etc.
- Online bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance, last minute bookings are accepted by phone or email.
- The tour starts with a minimum of 2 people. If the minimum number is not reached, Ancient and Recent will propose you: the payment for an additional person or 100% refund or to choose another available date.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- It is advisable not to wear bulky and heavy luggage.
- In case of rain all our tours run regularly.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel your reservation at least 7 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will becharged a 100% cancellation fee. Refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Ancient and Recent within a week from the cancellation. Also, if the minimum number of 2 people is not reached, Ancient and Recent will propose to the user 1. the payment of an additional person 2. 100% refund 3. another available date. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. Weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train..). In case of rain all our tours run regularly.