Adult 18+: € 87.00
Youth 16+: € 67.00
Meet us here
Via Baccina 31, Roma
Adult 18+: € 87.00
Youth 16+: € 67.00
Aventine (Orange Garden)
Mouth of Truth
English-speaking tour leader
30 minutes training session
Oculus VR (Colosseum in VR)
No ticket entrance
Sightseeing Tour of Ancient Rome Segway Tour
If you are a tourist who wants to exploit the time at best and you also love the latest technology that allows you to move easily and travel back in time, then you’ve found your tour! Book Sightseeing tour of Ancient Rome Segway Tour with the Colosseum in Virtual Reality, led by our expert tour leader to explore the ancient Rome through a certified reconstruction in 3D of the Colosseum, in a completely immersive and virtual way!
Our tour leader will allow you to discover along the way the culture, religion and everyday life, from the settlements of the first inhabitants of the Eternal City to the spectacles at the Colosseum. Once the whole group has confidence with the Segway, our tour guide will take you to discover the most important archaeological sites, beginning our foray into the Roman circus most famous and by far the oldest, Circus Maximus. Chariot races took place in the Circus Maximus and were among the most popular activities loved by the Romans, along with gladiator’s games.
As a pillar of Rome stands the Palatine hill – one of the seven hills of Rome. Experience this large and impressive open air museum and visit the House of Romulus – the legendary founder of Rome.
After sipping the best of Rome water directly from the “big nose”, you will continue your journey towards the hill of Aventine, through the rose garden, a veritable wealth of perfume and colors in the spring. Here your breath stops in front of an earthly paradise: a union between the beauty of nature from the Orange Garden and breathtaking views of the Eternal City.This is a place highly sought and visited by curious tourists and couples in love.
Just after the Orange Garden, the keyhole of the Priory gate of the Knights of Malta offers the most popular and picturesque view of St. Peter’s Dome, framed by hedges of the Priory gardens.
You will glide on the board of the Segway to the Mouth of Truth, in the atmosphere of the film “Roman Holiday” with the unforgettable Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck as protagonists, famous for the belief that the mouth would bite the hand of the one who was untruthful. If the queue and the time is permitting then the guide will be waiting for you to capture a photo of your truth or deceit.
After that you will reach the Capitoline Square designed by the great Michelangelo, the famous urban invention where you can see the copy of the statue of Marcus Aurelius on horseback who dominates the square with its majesty, also admire the parade of newly married couples in the Municipality.
Leaving the Capitol, suddenly you will discover a real archaeological park, the Roman Forum, with a never-ending story to discover.
The last stage ends with the king of the monuments andone of the seven wonders in the world: the Colosseum, where we have reserved for you a time machine! Through the 3D reconstruction of the Colosseum integrated by an accurate audio description and reproductions of historical animations of fighting, you can walk virtually within its areas (the square, the arena, the underground), as if you were really present in those times, living in this way an immersive, multimedia and multisensory tour experience.
Your adventure ends here hoping that you’re not tired at all and we were able to transfer you the passion for the history of ancient Rome, thanks to our Live Ancient Rome Segway Tour.
Important to know
- Tour available daily-upon request exception on 1st January, 1st May and 25th December.
- Online bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance, last minute bookings are accepted by phone or email.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 14 years
- Teenagers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Max Group size: 7 partecipants (small-group to ensure personalized attention and extra safety from your tour leader. Our team, with almost a decade of Segway tour experience and half hour orientation session before the tour start, will give you all the practice you need to feel comfortable on a Segway in no time.
- Ancient and Recent reserves the right to change the route if required by circumstances
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- We do not visit the inside of any museums or monuments
- In case of rain all our tours run regularly.
Meet us here
Meet our professional and welcoming staff”Ancient and Recent” 15 minutes before the tour starts, in via Baccina, 31 (near the Colosseum)!
Need to cancel your trip?
If you cancel your reservation at least 7 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will becharged a 100% cancellation fee. Refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Ancient and Recent within a week from the cancellation. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train..).